The agribusiness law practice of Walsh LLP is part of what makes us distinct from other Alberta firms. Several of our lawyers have agriculture backgrounds and are active farmers, which means they understand the law and the business of agriculture. As a full-service law firm, we can handle every aspect of your agribusiness legal needs, including business structure, succession planning, regulatory issues, day-to-day operations and financing.
Comprehensive Legal Service For Agribusiness
Our lawyers are highly experienced with agricultural law matters. Some key components of our agribusiness practice are:
- Business and succession planning, including tax planning, business structure, intergenerational succession and business/asset transfers
- Financing and banking arrangements, through private financing, intergenerational financing, charter banks, AFSC and FCC
- Contracts and agreements, including leases, partnership agreements and unanimous shareholders agreements
- Estate planning, including wills/tax planning, enduring powers of attorney and personal directives for agribusiness owners
- Surface lease negotiations and surface rights
- Buying and selling of businesses and business assets
- Ownership of mines and minerals
- Regulatory matters, both federal and provincial
- Agribusiness operations
- Divorce settlement, including agricultural asset division
- Dispute resolution and litigation, specifically for business-related conflicts
- Employment matters
Our lawyers are deeply connected to the agriculture community. Tracy L. Hanson currently runs an active farm with her husband and daughters in Southern Alberta.
Cattle Ranch And Farm Law Lawyers: Serving Calgary And Elsewhere In Alberta
Walsh LLP is a full-service, regional law firm committed to Albertans throughout the province. To learn more about our practice and how we can serve you, we invite you to get in touch.
To schedule a consultation with one of our agriculture law lawyers based in Okotoks or Calgary, contact us online or call 403-267-8400 locally, 800-304-3574 toll free.