The employer employee relationship is one of the most significant assets to any business. Walsh LLP provides quality advice and legal services on essential employment matters, including employment standards, human rights legislation, privacy and the interpretation and application of employment legislation. We prepare critical governing documents, including workplace policy and procedure manuals. We work with you to negotiate, draft, and implement agreements for both the employer and employee, including executive contracts, general employment contracts, and independent contractor agreements.
We take pride in our proactive approach to resolving employment issues and providing sound and effective advice to management and human resource departments businesses, large or small. We develop strategies and solutions consistent with your business culture and operations.
We also have extensive experience in assisting the individual employee. Representing clients from both perspectives provides invaluable insight into the issues and concerns of both the employer and employee. This experience is important in reaching an early, amicable and cost-effective resolution.
We are experienced, effective counsel and can assist you in to resolve workplace disputes. When a matter requires formal adjudication in court or before a tribunal, we provide our clients with realistic and strategic advice in defending or commencing legal proceedings.
We regularly assist clients in employment matters that include:
- Preparing Employment Contracts, Handbooks and Policies
- Preparing Restrictive Covenant Agreements and Litigating Restrictive Covenant Disputes (non-competition, non-solicitation, and confidentiality)
- Human Resources Advice and Counseling
- Termination Letters and Severance Agreements
- Discrimination, Retaliation and Unlawful Harassment Litigation
- Wrongful Termination, Constructive Dismissal, Unfair Dismissal and Layoffs
- Progressive Discipline Advice and Consultation
- Employee/Contractor Classification, and related Disputes
- Advice on Legislative Compliance: Employment Standards Code, Canada Labour Code, Human Rights legislation, Occupational Health and Safety Act and Privacy Legislation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Representation at Litigation, Arbitration, Mediation, Tribunals and Hearings
- Human Rights, Discrimination and Whistleblower Protection
- Maternity Leave and Sick Leave