At Walsh LLP, we maintain a comprehensive wills and estate practice. In addition to the planning work we undertake for clients, we are experienced and respected estate litigation lawyers. We handle disputes related to a wide range of estate issues. If you need legal advice following the death or incapacity of a loved one, we can help.
Comprehensive Legal Service
Among our clients are personal representatives (executors), beneficiaries of estates, trustees, attorneys acting under Powers of Attorney and other individuals who have specific interests in the administration of an estate or trust. Our work includes:
- Advising on rights and remedies of interest parties, including beneficiaries
- Challenging and defending the actions of personal representatives (executors), and attorneys acting under Powers of Attorney
- Advising on and asserting rights to dependants' relief (family maintenance)
- Representing clients in legal action to challenge a will or to vary or terminate a trust
- Advising on beneficiary rights and applying to appoint a personal representative (executor) and advising on his or her duties in the case of intestacy
In addition, we also advise on the probate process and the administration of estates and trusts.
At Walsh LLP, we are collegial in our areas of practice. Our estate litigation team works collaboratively with our counterparts in family law and agribusiness to provide effective service in disputes over farm succession and estate planning after divorce. Regardless of the complexity of your legal issue, our team at Walsh LLP in Southern Alberta can help you.
Serving Calgary, Okotoks and High River: Lawyers To Contest A Will Or Trust
To schedule a consultation with one of our estate litigation lawyers based in Calgary or Okotoks, contact us online or call 403-267-8400 locally, 800-304-3574 toll free.
- When It Comes to Estate Claims, Good Guidance Saves Time and Money
- Save Needless Worry! Get the Grant — Probate and Executor Liability
- Bleak House? Think Again — No Unlimited Right to Raise Wills or Estate Challenges
- Reconstructing Your Wishes: What Happens When Your Will Is Lost
- Secure Peace of Mind For You and Your Children
- Estate Litigation in Alberta Frequently Involves Challenges to the Will
- Resolving an Estate Dispute