At Walsh, we pride ourselves on taking clients’ hopes, dreams, and challenges on as our own. That’s because to us, the law isn’t about the courtroom – it’s about people. Nowhere is this more true than in our Agriculture Law practice. In fact, several Walsh lawyers have been and are currently active farmers – which means to us, your agriculture business is personal.
As a full-service law firm, with a unique perspective on Albertan agriculture, Walsh can handle every aspect of your agribusiness legal needs, including business structure, succession planning, regulatory issues, day-to-day operations, and financing.
Business Succession Planning
Running a farm isn’t a 9-5. It’s a life’s work, and it deserves careful care and consideration when it’s time to pass it on. Walsh’s agriculture law practice has a team experienced in business and succession planning, including tax planning, business structure, intergenerational succession, and business/asset transfers.
Financing and Banking Arrangements
When it comes to financing anything for your agribusiness – be it private financing, intergenerational financing, charter banks, AFSC or FFC – our team is experienced and ready to help.
Our Agribusiness Services
- Contracts and agreements, including leases, partnership agreements, and unanimous shareholders agreements
- Estate planning, including wills/tax planning, enduring powers of attorney, and personal directives for agribusiness owners
- Surface lease negotiations and surface rights
- Buying and selling of businesses and business assets
- Ownership of mines and minerals
- Regulatory matters, both federal and provincial
- Agribusiness operations
- Divorce settlement, including agricultural asset division
- Dispute resolution and litigation, specifically for business-related conflicts
- Employment matters