Employment law can be an overwhelming area for employer and employee alike, but with Walsh’s extensive experience in both areas, you’re in good hands. Our core philosophy has always been about finding the best solution for our client’s unique circumstances, and in the employment law field this means taking a proactive approach to resolving employment issues, providing sound and effective advice to our clients and developing strategies, and solutions tailored to our clients’ business culture and operational needs.
When it comes to individual employees, we have extensive experience in reaching early, amicable, and cost-effective resolutions. With insights gained working with businesses, we’ve developed unique strategies to assist in resolving workplace disputes. When the matter requires a formal adjudication in court or before a tribunal, we strive to provide our clients with down-to-earth, personalized and easily understood advice in defending or commencing legal proceedings. Put simply, we’ve got your back.
Some of the specific services we provide are:
- Preparing Employment Contracts, Handbooks, and Policies
- Preparing Restrictive Covenant Agreements and Litigating Restrictive Covenant Disputes (non-competition, non-solicitation, and confidentiality)
- Human Resources Advice and Counseling
- Termination Letters and Severance Agreements
- Discrimination, Retaliation, and Unlawful Harassment Litigation
- Wrongful Termination, Constructive Dismissal, Unfair Dismissal, and Layoffs
- Progressive Discipline Advice and Consultation
- Employee/Contractor Classification, and related Disputes
- Advice on Legislative Compliance: Employment Standards Code, Canada Labour Code, Human Rights legislation, Occupational Health and Safety Act and Privacy Legislation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Representation at Litigation, Arbitration, Mediation, Tribunals and Hearings
- Human Rights, Discrimination, and Whistleblower Protection
- Maternity Leave and Sick Leave