Our team prides itself in being intimately familiar with the legal and cultural diversity of First Nations communities, and its ability to provide effective and culturally sensitive legal representation. Like every practice area, our First Nations Law approach begins and ends with our client’s best interest, and everything in between is a collaborative, personalized process.
Through our many years of advising and advocating for our clients, our First Nations Law Group has been successful in finding positive results for our clients in all areas of the law.
Some of the specific services we provide are:
- Comprehensive and Specific Claims
- Policy and By-Law Development and Tribal Legislation
- Tribal Government and Intergovernmental Affairs
- Self Government Pilot Projects and Issues
- Economic Development Strategies
- Corporate-Commercial Law
- First Nations Tax Law
- Treaty and Aboriginal Rights
- Constitutional Issues
- First Nations Oil and Gas
- Health, Child Welfare, and Social Service Issues
- Employment Issues
- Financial Accountability Structures